Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cold Shower

Sunday, 4th June 2006
06.00PM
Prins Hendrikkade, Amsterdam

Arya left for Germany yesterday while I decided to stay to work on my presentation. It was a short stay anyway and it wasn't like he was going on vacation or anything.

I am startled at how much I miss him. Not the lovey dovey kind of missing your partner but the kind that makes you realise that he is indefinitely your partner. The person you talk to, the person you laugh with. It's not so much not being able to function without his presence (which is just too silly to even think about), it feels a bit like when you're in a strange party where you're 'alone with everybody'. You feel a bit naked. Like you forgot something at home. I don't know. I just think the separation is good to give a cold shower for the 'don't take things for granted' game.

Ok, back to work.

No comments: