Friday, January 16, 2009

(Jangan) Kalah Sebelum Berjuang

Friday, 16 January 2009
6.02PM
Murdoch Student Village, Perth

Finally have time to write. Arrived at Perth last Sunday... Adjustment yet again. But things are a bit harder this time around with Malik.

And by all means, it is harder.

It's one thing to go through the suffering of adjustment since its our own sounds decision. But it's another seeing our little one having to struggle, over something not even of their direct interest.

I feel selfish. Yes, okay, there's always the validation that this will benefit him in the long run. Exposing him to different cultures and languages, learning to adjust at such a young age makes him a stronger person.

But really...

Being a 5 month old infant, aren't your concerns mainly related to comfort? And I've taken him away from his comfort zone not once (with moving to new house) but twice AND to another country.

I think this is the mother in me talking. I just need to focus on what I need to do here or else him coming will indeed be a waste. I need to focus on breastfeeding and attending to his needs. That's all I can do.

I know, though hard at the moment, like any other trial I had to go through in life - this too shall pass. And that all of us, Malik, Arya and I, will come out stronger individuals.

I hope.

PS: Kata Arya jangan ngeluh nanti bapaknya ikut stres hehe...

No comments: