Thursday, June 10, 2010

Private Cooperation

Sometimes my over-analysing and theorising seeps into my personal life. In the middle of browsing for Malik's school, I research who owns it and what their ideologies are (political economy) since in invariably influences their policy making, curriculum, selecting their human resources.

Our children's education should be an extension of how we raise them, I think. Consistent to the values we transfer to them, the way we live our lives and see the world. It's a peaceful agreement between wanting to be certain that we equip them with 'empirically tested' tools and realising that it is our responsibility to facilitate them to grow into independent individuals. Following this logic, the best schools as indicated by society might not be the best school for the human beings we call our children. It really depends on which direction we want to point them to, but at the same time allowing them to walk their own journey.

At these moments I am very glad I have a partner who is levelheaded, grounded, with strong logics. Although I realise that it is important to understand the background and context related to decision making, I have a tendency to not know when to stop. Arya is willing to listen to my opinions and is able to 'moderate' them, so to speak. We share the same framework but our methods are different.

I subjectively claim that I could never have found a more appropriate partner. Or objectively claim that the probability is extremely low to do so in a lifetime (:D).

But the romantic in me chooses the former. With love.

No comments: